Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 4 - set backs

So, I think I made a mistake calculating the amount of ammonia placed into the tank for the fishless cycle.  Most of the plants are fine, except the ones I was a tad worried about - the Vals and the Pennywart.

Also, having some issues with the HC staying put in the substrate - rather difficult as the Fluval Stratum is not very fine substrate and so I think the roots really have nothing to cling to.

I've done a water change to correct the ammonia levels, added more biozyme to the tank.  I've cut back the Pennywart - all the damaged parts and left the good parts.  The Vals are...    weeping, but I'm hoping that I may be able to save them - To be honest the condition of the plants I got from the guy in Norwalk weren't in very good condition.

I'll pull them if I see any further deterioration.  The filter is starting to see some detrius and mulm which is fantastic!  Only a matter of time to have the bacterial colonies build.

No comments:

Post a Comment